An interventional cardiologist is a cardiologist who performs procedures to help patients with heart problems. There are many different types of procedures they can perform, but the most common are:
• Coronary artery bypass grafting or CABG, where they take a blood vessel from one part of the body and connect it to another part of the body. This helps people who have had a heart attack or other problems with their arteries.
• Angioplasty, where Dr Dennis Doan use tiny balloons to open blocked blood vessels in the heart. They do this by inserting a catheter into one of the blocked areas and inflating the balloon inside it. The balloon pushes on the walls of the blood vessel, widening it so that more blood can flow through.
• Heart valve replacement surgery, like mitral valve repair or aortic valve replacement surgery, where Dr Dennis Doan place new valves in place of old ones that have become damaged or leaky over time due to atherosclerosis (hardening).
Benefits of Seeing An Interventional Cardiologist
Seeing an interventional cardiologist can help you live longer and healthier than you might think. Here are some of the benefits of seeing an interventional cardiologist:
1. You’ll reduce your risk of heart attack by 30%—and even more if you’re overweight or obese.
2. You’ll have fewer strokes, abnormal heart rhythms, and other serious problems with your heart.
3. You’ll reduce your risk of dying from a sudden cardiac event by 30%. At the very least, you’ll be less likely to die from a heart attack or stroke than someone who doesn’t see an interventional cardiologist regularly.
There are indeed a lot of benefits you can get from seeing an interventional cardiologist like Dr Dennis Doan. Experiencing issues concerning your heart can be life-threatening which means you really have to deal with it right away.